It is sweet, hydrating and also supposes an excellent 'snack', for adults and children. We are talking about carrots, a vegetable with many benefits that you can also take advantage of through juice. Don't peel it, you don't have to.
We explain why you should offer your child carrot juice. Discover the 8 benefits of carrot juice for children.
Carrots have many properties, and they are excellent for children because it brings them many benefits. Stimulates the appetite, with which they are ideal for children who eat little, are diuretic and prevent against gastritis.
However, you may be thinking why not eat them raw. Well, the reason for offering carrot juices is that you get that the child consumes more amount of nutrients that if you give him the raw carrot. Surely raw, don't eat more than one carrot. Do you know how many carrots a juice takes? Between 4 and 6 carrots! Now we tell you what they are the benefits of carrot juice for your son. Do you want to know what they are?
1. Protect your eyesight. Carrot juice provides vitamin A, very important for the eyes, but also some antioxidant compounds that help prevent vision loss, such as lutein and zeaxanthin.
2. Good for teeth and gums. Carrot helps maintain a healthy mouth. If you offer your child the raw carrot, you will also be helping him to strengthen his teeth. Carrot juice can actually act as a natural mouthwash. Provides (in the part of the skin) the so-called phenols, with antibacterial properties. They have been shown to be very effective in fighting food-borne bacteria and yeast.
3. It is good for the skin. The carrot has a very good property to protect the skin from sun damage. It is beta carotene. In addition, they have other components that are very necessary for the correct development of the skin and hair. They are carotene and lycopene.
4. Prevents against cancer. As incredible as it may seem, carrot juice also helps prevent cancer. Some studies have shown that the beta carotene present in carrots prevents ovarian cancer, while the polyacetylene, present in carrot juice, is a good ally against leukemia.
5. Prevents constipation. Carrots are good for helping digestion to be lighter. Do you know why? Because of its great fiber content, which also helps prevent constipation. In this case, the fiber intake is higher if you offer your child raw carrot, but the juice is also a good option.
6. Strengthens the heart. Carrot juice includes a large amount of antioxidants that are very good for the heart. How? By helping the liver to process fat, cholesterol levels decrease and this directly affects a better function of the heart.
7. Good for the mind. The carrot also has retinoid compounds, which improve the functioning of communication in the hippocampus, an important region of the brain intimately linked to learning.
8. Fight against anemia. Carrot juice provides a high content of vitamin A, a powerful remedy against iron deficiency.
You can read more articles similar to 8 benefits of carrot juice for children, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.